Recipe CRAY !!! Celebrate Thanksgiving with Pastry Chef Tracy Wei’s Pumpkin Pie Recipe !!!
Oops… I missed Canadian Thanksgiving, again. I seem to have missed it every year since moving to Asia. The good thing about living in Hong Kong is you get to make up for it by celebrating American Thanksgiving. Same, same… but different. To celebrate, I teamed up with Pastry Chef Tracy Wei who makes the best Pumpkin Pie ever. Tracy is the queen of pastry and is the only person I trust to make my birthday cake! Check out her website, Peace of Cake, and if you’re in Hong Kong, order one of her bomb AF cakes.
Watch the video above and check out the detailed recipe below !!! You’ll thank me later. : )
If you’re not into Pumpkin Pie, you can switch it up this Thanksgiving and make pumpkin cookies instead!
Pie Dough Ingredients
175 grams Flour
115 grams Cold Butter
20 grams Sugar
4 grams Salt
1. Place flour, sugar, salt and cold butter into a bowl.
2. Using a pastry blender or pastry cutter mix everything up to a coarse crumble.
3. Mix in the cold water a little at a time.
4. Mix until combined and refrigerate for at least an hour.
5. Roll out and mold into pie mold.
Pumpkin Filling Ingredients
450 grams Pumpkin Puree
110 grams Heavy Cream
110 grams Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
½ teaspoon Ginger
¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 teaspoon Rum
½ teaspoon Salt
1. Mix everything together in a bowl.
2. Pour into pie crust.
3. Bake at 170C for 20 to 30 minutes.
– Mix everything until combined.
– You can use coconut cream instead of heavy cream.
– You can add chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or nuts into the mix.